Monday, September 01, 2008

Montecristo Habana #2 87.585






My daughter and son-in-law just got back from a 2 week honeymoon in Europe. And somehow a couple of these Montecristo cigars showed up in my humidor. This was a torpedo. It was pretty much as expected since I had read reviews of this cigar prior to my lighting one up. It was a good smoke, but since they use Cuban wrappers, binders and filler it limits the amount of flavor you can obtain by taking advantage of leaves from the various countries that now grow great tobacco. I think a lot of these is still the mystique of it not being readily available in the states.(I give it 5 years at the most that this will change). Anyway, I am glad to have had the chance to try this so I have a comparitive for other cigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment