Sunday, October 12, 2008

H.Upmann vintage cameroon 1844 92.255




I have several of these in my humidor that I have been aging. I smoked this one while eating some of the doves we shot in September along with some fish from this summer. My neighbor even complimented me on the great aroma coming over the fence. Anyway this is one I will want to get a whole box of and store. I still am a great fan of these Cameroon wrappers now. It really adds a great taste to the cigars. This one in particular is just the right ring size to really enjoy a good draw.
Here is a stogieguys.com review also:
Immediately after toasting the foot with a wooden match, the cigar produced a harmonious floral flavor that was pleasing to my entire palate. The combination of Nicaraguan, Dominican, and Peruvian fillers yielded pleasing notes of jasmine.
In the second phase, the taste shifted from floral to fruity with significant hints of citrus and pear. With such pronounced flavor I expected this stick to be a bit harsher, but the taste remained smooth and creamy. Like many cigars, however, this parejo became quite spicy towards the end of the smoke.
On construction, this stogie earns high marks. It lit quickly with a few wooden matches (I was outdoors), it burned evenly, and the draw was easy with a bit of resistance – just the way I like it. My only complaint is that it went out once mid-smoke after I had failed to puff for about three minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment