Friday, February 23, 2007

Cusano Aged 18 Years

Update: 03/30/2008 Just got done smoking another paired maduro robusto cigar. This one does make up for the one I first had. I just knew with the Cusano reputation that it had to be a badly stored cigar. The one today was great and had a deep rich flavor, plus goes great with the Knob Creek Bourbon I tried. Glad I picked up a sweet deal on some of the cigars today. Now if I only had a bigger humidor I could have gotten a whole box and a free hat. Dang it, got to get that thing ordered. I just spent $1,000 on some new Titleist golf clubs and don't want to give my wife a heart attack.


Just started this one. Price 5.99 Toro Single. OK, maybe I went to a bad cigar shop for this one or something. This was a terrible cigar. The flavor got old very quickly. You would think that by being aged it would have a more mellow taste. Even my co-workers said it smelled awful.


Here is another sites review: Cusano 18 is made with 18-year aged Dominican Olor filler tobaccos (yes indeed: 18 years). These fillers are combined with a rotund helping of Cuban-seed Dominican fillers for oomph and bound by a super-smooth Connecticut shade binder (a wrapper-quality binder), and the whole thing is then dressed with an even smoother, silkier Connecticut shade outer wrapper. The end result is a cigar bursting with rich n’ creamy goodness, followed by a complex, full-flavored finish. Complex yet smooth....if you like cigars like that, give Cusano 18 the hairy eyeball.Cigar Aficionado's Insider rated the Cusano 18 '91':"This stout cigar has a shiny golden wrapper. It's full in body and has a rich, heavy smoke. Flavors are leathery and smoky with a note of creamy vanilla. It's well balanced, leading to a long, woody finish..."



No comments:

Post a Comment