Thursday, February 08, 2007

Macanudo


Smoked my first Macanudo last week. This is a great cigar and deserves its reputation.
I am finally about done with the cigars I got in Florida and have purchased some of my own so I can add price to the equation. My delima with this brand is there are so many different cigars, you don't know if they are all the same etc. I am not sure I can tell from the label which one I actually had.

Here is what cigar-review.com had to say:
Every time you light up a Macanudo, you can count on the world's top selling cigar to always delivers the same distinctively smooth, mellow taste. Produced today in the Dominican Republic, Macanudos are made with a flavorful Dominican blend and a select binder grown in the rich San Andrés Tuxtla Valley of Mexico. The makers of Macanudo grow, cure and age their own Connecticut Shade - the most sought-after tobacco for premium cigar wrappers. In addition, only the makers of Macanudo age all of their tobaccos twice, just as it used to be done in Havana during the golden age of Cuban cigars.

2 comments:

  1. Macanudo used to make a Condado, 5.5x50 that was very smooth, that was when they also could be had for around $5 or so,But al the style's from the maker are very smooth if you are a beginner at this cigar thing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete, thanks for the comment. I would put in a walk in humidor, but my cigar stores of choice have such a good selection, I don't feel the need to do that. I am however thinking of growing my own barley and rolling my own. At the Kentucky derby they have this cuban guy who hand rolls cigars while you watch. I am planning to video him and will send you one and the video after I get one. Of course, you may need to age it a year or so, so that the tobacco can age better.

    ReplyDelete