Tuesday, December 04, 2007

J. Shepherd Cigar Boutique Louisville






Jason Shepherd just opened his store at 1429 Bardstown Road. Tim, my son-in-law and I paid him a visit on his grand opening. It is a 1,200 square foot store with a walk-in humidor. He currently stocks all the favorite premium cigars, plus a series of accoutrement's such as lighters, cutters, ashtrays, and gifts. Unique is the artwork he will be showing by local artists(a la' Starbucks) This seemed like an ideal location and has a lot of walk by traffic. Unfortunately, Louisville does not allow indoor smoking, but supposedly there will be a private smoking lounge opening somewhere in town soon. Not soon enough for me(see the smoke alarm incident below).

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:48 PM

    These guys have an excellent selection of flavorful cigars. Some retailers only stock what's popular, some only stock the names everyone knows. These guys stock flavor, no matter what strength you prefer. Oliva G&O, Caballeros,Don Pepin black and white label, Montecristo, too many to mention. No matter what strength you want, you will find a cigar that is not bland nor harsh, but has great aroma. A cigar store for those who love that hour a day enveloped in smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:00 PM

    I was in Louisville a couple of weeks ago for Derby and I saw the blog about the J. Shepherd store. I just wanted to say thanks to whoever posted it. Jason the owner was extremely hospitable and very knowledgeable, and now I have a new source for my Olivas. I live in Houston, but now I order all my sticks from this shop.
    Steven Morr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 PM

    I am one of J's regulars. This man is a guru when it comes to cigars. He has taken care of me from the first time I went in, until now, as a weekly customer. Selection of anything from Don Pepin, Rocky Patel, Romeo y Julieta. 3 dollar Nubs, to 30 dollar Pedron. He has a great selection, and great customer focus. He is more interested in having customers coming back, than trying to force them to buy a lot at once. 5 star, selection, and 5 star service.

    ReplyDelete