Friday, March 11, 2011

Favorite shape of cigar!


Well, I have a favorite shape of cigar to smoke. This is the box pressed style, whether Maduro or natural, but it seems that Maduro is the box shape of choice of a lot of cigar makers.

I was at Joe's cigar on Thursday night for an Alec Bradley Cigar night and smoked several free blind testers and bought some Bradley VICE PRESS in Maduro. When I hold a cigar, I like to place my thumb on the bottom and three fingers on the top with the pinkie finger raised to " put on airs", or to show that I have a smoking snobbery that shows that I am a professional smoker. Or at least I am pretend to be, and I am transformed to MAN WORLD because this is my last bastion of freedom as an almost fifty year old( I have been 39 for seven years).
But i digress, I made my commitment to enjoy the "senior years" of my life and Dammit, this is it!!!!

I don't really rate cigars, I smoke what I like, and that is what you should do, because you should be the judge of what you like, or what movie you should see, not some critic. Just enjoy what, when and how you live and leave the rest to your taste buds..Life is definitely to short to not enjoy what life has to offer! Pete.

1 comment:

  1. Pete, I like to rate them to have a quick way to tell if I liked a cigar or not without having to go thru all the comments. I am working up a spreadsheet to see how my ratings will compare to Cigar Afficianado ratings and others. That way, if I have too much of a difference, I can give it a second chance to see if I still agree with my rating or not.
    Anyway, I just got my free Serie N at Liquor Barn that was in this months Cigar Affianado magazine for the smoke out on 3/25. Grab one and we will compare notes. Mine is in the humidor getting to know all the other sticks better.
    Oh, and picked up a Makers Mark 46 bottle while I was there.

    ReplyDelete