Monday, March 12, 2007

CORONADO BY LA FLOR




I got these from my wife as a valentines gift. She purchased them at the Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe at Oxmoor Mall in Louisville, KY. She was told these are the second most requested cigars at the shop. I can't be completely fair in evaluating these cigars because I have been dying to try the cigar dipped in B&B before smoking trick. OK, I have to say, this is not the way to enjoy a cigar. I like the taste of B&B with the cigar, or a good beer. But dipping is not the way to go. Here is the best trick I found. You take a tiny sip of the liquor and let it coat your tongue and mouth before taking a puff of your cigar. Do this before each 5 or so puffs and that is the only way I would suggest. Maybe because I am a neophyte, but my lips just don't like the taste of some wrappers. Now, about the Coronado. This is really a finely made cigar, with a great wrap. It seems to draw a little difficult(at least the Churchill I was smoking). It was an OK cigar, but nothing I would rush out and buy.


Here is another review:


The new Coronado by La Flor Dominicana is a masterful blend of rich, Dominican Piloto filler and the peppery, Dominican Corojo binder. The filler and binder compliment and add to the spicy flavors of the rosado Nicararguan wrapper. The three sizes of the Coronado all sport larger ring gauges which help deliver a rich, full flavor. Coronado By La Flor Cigars: For years, the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua have been giving Cuba a run for its money when it comes to best land for cigar production. The Coronado, a tag teaming Dominican Republic and Nicaragua effort, takes some of the lime light away from Cuba. Masterfully blended with Dominican filler and binder, and a Nicaraguan wrapper, the Coronado is full of spicy, peppery, and rich flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment