Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kentucky Black Gold 82.75


UPDATE: Still continue to enjoy these cigars, picked up another box of these. I have rated this with my new cigar rating system.
The aroma still has a nice earthy smell to the smoke and is not harsh at all. The good thing is this cigar maintains the
taste from beginning to end. It has a nice burn and keep a good ash for the size of the cigar which is not a big ring size. These are great for a quick smoke. Its wrapper is not the best in the world and after cutting sometimes peels a bit, but once you get over that it is still enjoyable. And for the price, it can't be beat.










It was a nice day, so I decided to go check out an antique mall. There was a vendor selling cigar products and he showed me these little packets of 6 cigars of Kentucky Black Gold. Made in Trimble County, Kentucky. $3.00. What could I lose. I just had to try one when I got home. The one I opened was a little dry, so I don't believe these were kept at the right humidity. I will keep the others in the humidor for a couple months to see if that helps. However, what a pleasant suprise. A 50 cent cigar that tastes good, smoked good, had a great aroma, and just was a pleasurable smoke. I had tears of joy in my eyes. The guy at the shop told me he could not keep them in stock, now I know why. Here is a link to another web site I found that talked about these cigars and how they were brought to Kentucky. I am going to try and stock up on these before the word gets out.
http://www.cigarenvy.com/tag/kentucky-tobacco


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:09 AM

    I really wish cigarenvy website you linked was operational at the moment. I was passing through Kentucky and bought a pack of these at a gas station and I was shocked by how good they were. I have smoked 30$ cigars that I didn't like as much as these. I have been trying to find where to order them online but no luck yet.

    ReplyDelete