Tuesday, August 12, 2008

European smoking

My daughter and son-in-law are on their honeymoon in Europe. Here is his first cigar post from there. We are planning a Canada trip soon to smoke some up North.

I have purchased 3 Cubans since we've been over here. A Romeo y Julieta, Cohiba Siglo IV, and a Montecristo No2.I need to tell you about the Montecristo No2. I have seen where it is rated behind the Opus X. It's not by my taste. It's Chocolate and leather of the start and some very nice flavors kick in part way in when it warms up. Most of all some spicy notes that will tingle the tip of your tongue. It smoked perfectly. I bought a torpedo so that I knew that it would be rolled by one of the more experienced rollers in the factory. It paid off, very nicely. I sat beside the river Thames and even in the London wind, the ash grew to a staggering 2"+. You definitely need to have one of these. I stood in the largest humidor I've ever been in @ Harrods. It's a room by it's self called the Havana Cigar Room. I took a pic for you to see. It's impressive. Kristyn had to track me down when she couldn't find me because I was secluded in the cigar room analyzing their entire selection. I tried to get you an empty box to bring back also, but they throw them all away when they are near empty. By the way, the Opus X's that we smoked were wrapped and boxed exactly the same as they are in England. I checked. We're in Paris now. I'll check out their cigar scene too.

No comments:

Post a Comment