Monday, August 11, 2008

Kentucky Gentlemen 80.07

Decided to try and attend the "longest yard sale" in the world along highway 127. It is 600 miles of seeing that we as Americans have way too much junk.
Did find a few cigar collectibles, but not much else. While heading south of Frankfort I saw a small handwritten sign that said 'Hand rolled Cigars'. Pulled off the side road and it was the home of Kentucky Gentlemen Cigars. http://www.kentuckygentlemencigars.com/
I got to meet Allen Mobley and his wife and had some good discussions on cigars and some new blends he is trying. I have a few that I will try and keep you informed. They are now doing a sweet deal with Blanton's bourbon and I am looking forward to trying that one.

Anyway, I did try the Kentucky Colonel cigar. It was a little harsh at first but did mellow out. He ages these for 3 to 6 months but I do not think that is near long enough for these cigars. Allen is experimenting to find new ways and flavors which is what good tobacconists like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment